Tutorial: Part 3 of my Display-Board and Movement-tray

Allright, i got this project finished and i am really happy how it turned out. I took it two times to the gaming club and it was easy to carry, and also the models were stored much faster. At home i took the two boards out of the box and placed them into my showcase. Its not longer needed to touch each model 🙂

Here is the ikea Box called Samla holding 65 Litre (about 8 Euro):

MovementTray

Now you need to measure the inside of the box and buy some wood, screws and brackets to build up the framework which is holding the boards.

brackets are in L-Shape and 2,5cm screws (really cheap at workshops)

brackets

TokenBox

I placed my token box and measured the hight of it, to adjust the brackets for the first board. After that i measured my Denny 3 for the hight of the second board. I glued magnets onto the bottom side of each tray so that they stick with the brackets.  I used a handsaw so i couldnt manage to do some straight cuts, but if you have a jigsaw it will look much better. But for know the frame does his job 😉

Inlay

Inlay2

At the bottom you see enough place for the tokenbox, then the first board with my Denny 3 and then the second board with enough space to the top. If you arent carrying a colossal you can easily store 4 Boards into the box.

Inbox

Here the frame stored in the box 🙂

Done

I can easily carry two lists to my club without spending to much time to pack them and move them back  into the showcase.

DisplayboardShowcase

I hope this helps to make one on your own. The whole thing have cost me about 40 Euro with magnets from ebay and some hobby time. And for about 2 Euro you can easily upgrade it with more boards.

image

I magnetized each models base for a better hold .

If you have questions feel free to ask!

 

Tutorial Display,Movement Tray Part 2

fourth step:

I started to airbrush 2 layers with steel legion drab and zandri dust from GW.


Fith step:

After this was dry, i started to glue the basing material (sand, gras, cork, stones and some branches as trees). This took some stages. I have left the colossal base circle unbased to drill the holes for the magnets. I used 7x3mm neodymn magnets from ebay.


Sixth step:

I used a coat of vallejo matt varnish over the irontape to avoid scratches. Then i superglued magnets to Deneghras Base and try to fit her.


And here a pic with the full board.


The final stage for tray one will be posted next time.